Launch Facilities Engineer
Location: Various across South Australia
Position Number: 1904
Overview of the Role
You will be a key member of Southern Launch’s team, ensuring that the launch facilities are designed, installed and commissioned to meet all requirements to support customer launch vehicles.
You are a systems thinker but also able to dig into the details and get your hands dirty to make a solution work.
You take full responsibility for your work, independently seeking out all the resources and information you need to achieve success.
- Working closely with customer engineers, specifying the requirements for all ground segment elements needed to support flight operations
- Working closely with customer flight systems engineers to understand all ground segment requirements
- Understand technical specifications of launch site plant and infrastructure
- Manage sub-contractors installing or maintaining launch site plant and equipment
- Support planning for ground operations
- Develop and execute test plans and procedures for launch facilities equipment
- Troubleshoot electronics, communications, power, fluids and instrumentation systems
- Undertake system hazard analysis
- Follow requirements of, and contribute knowledge and processes to, Southern Launch’s quality management system
- Frequent and/or extended travel to launch facilities
- Overseeing work by subcontractors
- Support launch facility design studies for future launch customers
- Bachelors of Engineering
- 5+ years working in an engineering role, with substantial portion of time responsible for project delivery
- Must have, or be eligible to obtain, NV1 or higher Australian Government Security Clearance.
Other Highly Desirable Qualifications
- Experience working in remote locations
- Education or training in electrical systems
- Computer networking skills and experience
- Hands on experience with rockets or other flight test systems
- Experience working in remote areas
- Risk & reliability experience
- Programming skills desirable
- Experience with engineering CAD software
Please send your application via email to careers(at)southernlaunch.space with the position number as the subject and a copy of your resume and a 2 page cover letter describing why you are an ideal candidate for the job.